Hi Delia.

Leon's hand shook for a while too, during and after treatment. His family physician prescribed Buspar for him. He said this often happens with what he is going through and dealing with, I'm not quite sure if he meant from the treatment or from his nerves. He only took the medication for a short while, maybe a month after treatment. The shaking has gone completely away.

Leon also had good days and bad days. Still does at times, but the bad days are not as bad. He is working full time now and still has energy after working, many times after work he goes fishing for a couple of hours. When he first went back to work he would come home and go straight to bed after showering and eating.

I didn't push. My husband was never one to lay around before he got sick and I knew that if he could he would be up. So I let him recover at his own pace.

Rhonda - Caregiver to husband Leon. Diagnosed with SCC of right tonsil, 1 lymph node. Right tonsilectomy 10/3/05 - Right neck dissectomy 10/12/05, completed 39 IMRT treatments 2/23/06.