Michele, thanks for the information. My cancer was similar to your husbands as I had lymph node involvement and a peg as well. I liked the peg after a while. At first I didn't want it or to use it, but my Oncologist insisted and I have to say that I am glad he did. I lost 25% of my body weight during treatment (50 pounds) with the peg. I can only imagine what would have happened without the peg. So encourage your husband to use it. It got to the point that I couldn't even swallow my own saliva, so the peg was essential. It was especially good for taking meds. All of the pills and vitamins. I just opened them up and emptied the contents or dissolved them in water. Don't try that with metamusal, though, for constipation as it will stop up the tube on the peg pretty well. I did it and it took a day to clear the tube. I got pretty hungry by the time I finally got it cleared. God bless you both.

Regards, Kirk Georgia
Stage IV, T1N2aM0, right tonsil primary, Tonsilectomy 11/03, 35 rad/3cisplatin chemo, right neck dissection 1/04 - 5/04.