Mark is right, none of us are doctors. But we all have information and opinions to share and this is not the first time we have questioned a doctors decision.
What makes this forum so valuable is that you can get information from both sides of an issue. You can gain knowledge to question your doctors if needed. Many on here have gone through misery because of an unskilled doctor.
We may not be doctors but I can promise you that there are doctors out there that are making mistakes with oral cancer patients.
There is no arguing here, that only happens when we are trying to convince the "other" side that we are right. I'm not trying to do that, I'm trying to tell Sara's daughter my opinion and what I would do if this were my own mom.
Mark, you make valid points and I have learned alot from you.

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.