Hi Sarah'sDaughter,
She should have more for pain then the magic mouthwash.......is that all she has? If so, you need to call her doctor and demand pain control. There are grown men on this forum that used strong pain medications for months after treatment ended.
Her depression at this time is very common. She is done with treatment and now may feel like she isn't doing anything to fight the cancer. Almost all of us on here had depression at the end of treatment. Medication can also help get that under control.
Why did they take her feeding tube out?? I had a feeding tube and didn't have it taken out until almost 7 months after treatment had ended. And I used it up until they took it out.
Please let us know a few more details.
I will keep you and your mother in my thoughts today.
Minnie

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.