Minniea-

What type of feeding tube did you have (nose/directly into stomach)? Were you able to feed yourself via the tube, or did you need help? My mother had one in the nose and we had to keep going over to her house to do the feedings. We hadn't pushed for her to do the feeding herself because we figured it wasn't something she'd be able to do, but maybe she could?

Also, my mother keeps refusing any pain meds, for fear she'll become dependent. How much of an addiction could she acquire? Isn't she being unreasonable for only being out of treatment one month? She was also upset at how loopy the meds made her. She didn't know what she was doing half the time and it was very distressful for my father, who kept threatening to put her in a nursing home (not that he's a mean husband, but she was really quite dangerous trying to leave the house, pulling out her own feeding tube because in her loopiness she didn't know what this thing was that was hanging from her nose). Do you think that if she took the pain meds in lower doses she might be all right? (Previously, she was taking 1 tsp of oxycotin overy 4 hours, per doctor's prescription).

Her doctors are 3 hours away, making this whole experience feel like we're "going it alone." Thank you for responding--just your few words has really opened my eyes to what might be the problem (she and us are expecting too much after such a short time, she needs a feeding tube, pain meds may be a necessity).

BTW, hers was a T2N3M0 on the right side. She'll learn in a couple weeks if the treatment worked.