Thanks all for your well wishes, advice, and input. I'm less anxious than I was last week (which is a very good thing), but I don't think I'll be really happy until I get good results from my upcoming appointment and CT scan.

My doctor has been conservative, scheduling me for this appointment only 2 months after my post-op. He is an ENT surgeon at the Huntsman Cancer Hospital. (Despite the fact that I was recovering from surgery, I was really impressed with the facility. There are only 50 private rooms there, so I had great support from the nurses, respiratory therapists, and staff. ) I will ask about the radiation when I go in again, but so far my doctor has been spot on about everything. I think the fear of reoccurrence (and then the radiation) has been the biggest factor for me.

I appreciate all of the reminders not to get or let my doctors get too complacent about my cancer. I realize the seriousness of it and am so grateful that it was caught as early as it was. I had a sore on my tongue that really hurt and went to an general MD, ENT, Dentist, and then finally an Oral Surgeon. The Oral Surgeon did the biopsy in his office and then had me into the oncologist the day after my positive results came back. If I could push my way through that, I can keep vigilant now.

Thanks again to all of you! --Aimee

Stage 2 SCC of tongue, surgery only 2/13/06. Margins & nodes were clear. No rad or chemo deemed necessary. Recurrence found 4/07. Surgery 5/22/07 with Cisplatin x 3 and 33 IMRT. Died 12/28/07.