Hello Aimee,

Welcome to the Oral Cancr Foundation.

You have found the most informed group of ordinary people and professional people trying like hell to get the word out "Early Detection Saves Lifes".
It will take some time before you have this fear
about a recurrance leave you. The more and better scans you receive should help reduce your anxity. Many of us have traveled the path you are now on and survived, I see no reason why you can't to!!! Remember most of us have been on some type of anti-depressants so don't be timid about asking. I'll take all the help I can get.
Before long you will be the one answering questions and trying to uplift someone going thru a bad time. I hope so.
Go to the search engine at the top of the page and you can read for hours. The more knowlege you have the better you will feel. One thing i've
learned is doctors are human beings just like you and I. Don't be intimated by anyone in that ENT, Rad guy or the On'gist doctor, Most of the Nurses you will work with are great people. It's your life we are talking about.
I am not a doctor but a) You want to see doctors who see alot of what you have. The more opinions I believe the better.
b)This is a very ubforgiving diaease. Many with stage 1 & 2 have not survived while stages 3 & 4 have!!

You may want to think about throwing everything at this the first time. I don't want to be second guessing your decisions. Just talking from experience. When treatment is decided upon, go for it. Stay as busy as your body lets you, see friends, Try and stay as positive as you can. Get proper nutrition to maintain and heal. Take naps when needed. Eat orally as soon as you can. Start with soups, ice cream and graduate to what your throat can tolarate. It will be your main job over the next few months.

I hope your treatment goes well and you have a healthy long life, Please keep us posted as you start one rocky journey. There is light at the end of the tunnel. It gets brighter every week!!
Remember to measure your progress in weeks not days.

What is your real first name? Aime or Aimee?

All my Best, Danny Boy

Daniel Bogan DX 7/16/03 Right tonsil,SCC T4NOMO. right side neck disection, IMRT Radiation x 33.

Recurrance in June 05 in right tonsil area. Now receiving palliative chemo (Erbitux) starting 3/9/06

Our good friend and loved member of the forum has passed away RIP Dannyboy 7-16-2006