Thank all of you for your support and input. I hope you know how much of a comfort and a cheering section you have been. We are still working on getting these pre-treatment procedures completed. He will see the oral surgeon tomorrow for an evaluation and preparation for the removal of his teeth and the doctor who is going to do the lung biopsy was to receive his films for study/prep today. I've discussed a trip to MDA with him, and he is at least keeping that option open should he feel he is not receiving all he should. At this point we/he are very happy with his Radio Oncologist. We still haven't decided on the Medical Oncologist, but have narrowed the list down to a few who work closely on the team with the Rad doc. The Radio Oncologist has a patient advocate who is fantastic at making things happen when others seem to fail.

The ENT who made the original diagnosis may not be involved in his case much longer. Hubby has finally gotten over the almost complete lack of hope this idiot gave him, and is seeing that this is going to be a battle, BUT, it's a battle worth fighting and that he has a chance to win.

The ENT sent out a prescription for Valium yesterday which is what they gave him when he had the PET scan done. I didn't know about the Ativan but will take that up with the doctors asap. He seems to be getting more focused on the beating of this enemy thanks to many of your own stories and some folks in the local area who have undergone this same fight.

I know it's not the place of this forum for discussions of other cancers but I hope you don't mind if I share something else that has hit our family today. My first husband, who is the father of my 16 year old son, and who still remains one of my best friends, was diagnosed today with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, I believe it is B-cell. He is set to meet with an oncologist on Friday to arrange more tests to see if there is cancer anywhere else. It was discovered during an eye exam in the form of a tumor under his eyelid. They did the biopsy Monday and got the Pathology report back today. We have hopes that this was discovered early enough and that treatment will be successful. Unless it has spread his chances seem to be pretty good.

My current husband was diagnosed 02/09 and now my ex is diagnosed 02/22. My son already knows about my husband, as with his medications and symptoms, we couldn't hide it, but my ex and I have agreed it is best he not know about his dad, until we have a more definite prognosis. At this point I'm thinking about making a visit to my own doctor for a little sleep help and some stress relief. I'm a strong cookie, but now with two cancer patients and the care of my husband's 88 year old mom who fas fallen victim to multiple TIA's, I starting to think my sanity could use a little boost.

Again thanks to all of you for your advice and support. I'm hoping that some day when we reach the other side of this mountain - I'll be able to provide the strength and hope to others you have so graciously provided to my family. And to those who have offered their personal support, phone numbers, etc. I have passed that information on to him. He says he doesn't feel the need to call yet, but trust me, if he does, I'll give you a quick holler. Thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge. I'll be eternally greatful.

CG to husband, dx 02/09/06 tumor base of tongue spread to lymph nodes. 35 combined xrt/imrt rad plus 3 rounds Cisplatin. Final tx 05/18/06. Parotidectomy & Sel Neck Dis 08/09/06. Lung cancer surgery 04/20/07. All currently in remission.