Thank you folks so much for your support. We just got home from the Radio Oncologist and I have to say he made us feel much better than the ENT did last night. The PET scan is scheduled for tomorrow morning. At first the other doctor couldn't get it done until next week, but the oncologist handled it and it will take place in the morning. We have a conference at the cancer center tomorrow at 4 where apparently several of the doctors from the center meet with us after the case has been presented and give us the options. The oncologist presented the basic three options to us today, and said after tomorrow they will know which road it appears we are headed down.

I think the ongologist at least got the idea out of my husband's head that this is all a dead end. I know from reading your many stories that all these roads though they may be very bumpy, aren't dead ends. The oncologist gave us a chance of hope, whereas the other doctor pretty much said if it had metasticized he might as well just give up.

Thank you for your prayers and strength. You don't know what a blessing it has been to have found this place. Yes I do fall apart sometimes at home when I'm by myself after he has gone to sleep, but, with the help you have provided here, I have so far been able to ask questions and maintain composure when it mattered most.

Thanks to you all.

CG to husband, dx 02/09/06 tumor base of tongue spread to lymph nodes. 35 combined xrt/imrt rad plus 3 rounds Cisplatin. Final tx 05/18/06. Parotidectomy & Sel Neck Dis 08/09/06. Lung cancer surgery 04/20/07. All currently in remission.