Hi Gloria,

Thank you for the information on your husband. I start Opdivo in five days. I'll get a dose then and another a month later. The doctors did explain that it could cause severe problems with my organs. The also said those things are usually slow acting and they can monitor for them along the way. They aren't looking at it as a cure. They hope it will slow the progression. After my hemiglossectomy, I went from being cancer free according to a CT scan and a PET scan to being stage 3 in about a month. The tumor even invaded the flap they used to replace part of my tongue.They kept telling me what I was experiencing was the result of the surgery. I saw five different doctors before one would even check. They kept telling me it wasn't protocol to do CT or PET scans so soon. I trust the doctors I have there now.

I get a CT scan today to see what the current status is before starting Opdivo. It's very aggressive so I don't have much time to see if something is going to work.They're moving me along as fast as they can.

Marv

Bad Golfer