Hi everyone. I just got back from seeing a radiologist and the assistant oncologist. I have just finished up two doses of Cisplatin and had a third scheduled in three weeks. The assistant oncologist said I didn't have to take the third dose if I didn't want to and recommended that I not take it. She said recent studies have shown no significant difference in outcome between two and three doses. So, if anyone else is in the process, they might want to check with their oncologist about it. Also, I have difficulty laying on my back during radiation. My tongue swells and blocks my airway after about two or three sessions in a row and I have to miss one to allow the swelling to go down. The radiologist decided to try having me lay face down and see if that would work. I did the mask simulation.last week and that went fine. Today, the radiologist said they over layed my old session with the new session and it lined up perfectly so the treatment should have the same effect. Again, if anyone else has the same problem I do, this might be an alternative. Good luck to everyone who is going through this and to those helping them get through it. .

Bad Golfer