Carol,

I got a second opinion on surgery and it was about the same as the first. They both said they would not recommend surgery due to the location. The second surgeon described the surgical procedure required as morbid. He too said radiation and chemo were my best options. I then talked to a radiologist and an Oncologist also and they said the same thing. I had a new mask made and they're going to redirect the radiation to focus on the new site. I'll also have three sessions of Cisplatin scheduled. They're eight hour sessions. Three hours flushing my system, two hours of chemo and three more hours flushing my system. It's to help prevent kidney problems and reduce nausea.

If I do nothing or the treatment doesn't work, one doctor gave me about two months. Another gave me up to six months. I always thought if I heard something like that I would go out and do all the crazy things I wanted to do but hadn't. Instead I find that all I want is normalcy. I don't want excitement. I don't want adventure. I just want my normal, everyday life back. Anyway, I'll post my progress for at least the next two months. It's up in the air after that.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions

Bad Golfer