donfoo, someguyjeff,

Thank you for your well wishes - we are so hopeful - the entire team is just so excited. someguyjeff, this is why you have to keep hoping and fighting even on the worst days - because someone will be the last person to die from this, which means someone will be the first person cured. Where we fall in that spectrum is how we will get to the cure and either one of us, both of us or all of us could be the ones that are cured. Never, ever stop believing.

Gloria, thank you for your kind thoughts. I am taking lots of anti nausea medicine but I have a dirty secret -- the unstoppable, unflappable, indefatigueable mighty, mighty Hellion has a VERY sensitive stomach. The smell of the radiation oncology center makes me queasy. That's our secret, though, I don't want my kryptonite getting around smile. I'm already feeling better - two mornings radiation free and I'm starting to hold down protein drinks and some solids. I whine (a lot as my eternally patient partner in life sadly knows) but I do always seem to pull through smile. I thank you for your concerns, though, as it means so much to me to know that this community always supports each other.

A special thanks to my aforementioned partner - my fantastic wife. She drives me everywhere while I need the walker, buys me anything and everything that may help me eat, makes me as many things a she can to get me to eat and hold down food, and listens to me whine, complain and moan without ever showing the toll it takes on her. You guys, I wish I could think of some way to balance the scales but I am far too far in debt now smile.

Thanks for listening!

The Hellion

SCC Base of Tongue
Diagnosed 3/5/2014 T2N2C
PEG Installed 3/19/2014
Chemo/Rad 3/27/2014
1x Cisplatin, 4+ TaxoCarboplat + 33 * 70 gy
Chemo FINISHED 5/5/2014
Rads FINISHED
PEG tube removed 10/08/14
Back to work 4 Aug full time
1/19/15 - diagnosed mets to lungs