Thank you all for your well wishes - we are hopeful!

So the update, I did not get Erbitux infusuion on Friday as scheduled -- and I am not taking the experimental as of Friday. They did my labs on Friday and discovered that my CK levels had shot up dangerously, although kidney and liver functions appeared normal. This seems to indicate a sort of ore renal failure scenario possibly brought on by tumor lysis.

The good news is we are hopeful that the tumors are dying quickly. The bad news is that I am in for fluids all weekend and lots more labs. Additionally, there is a very good chance I will not be able to stay in the study as I am potentially a dangerous candidate. Certainly I am disappointed as this drug, as a first line, is considered so high potential.

We know nothing for certain yet other than that we have to evaluate after they get the CK levels back to normal which appears to be happening with the fluid flushes. Happily, I never even got close to renal failure because of the test they do caught everything early.

Speaking for general health, one week of Erbitux has caused the famous rash of which they speak and my face is dry, flakey and itching like crazy, even with the antibiotics and cream. That's OK, though, as I want the tumors dead, dead, dead more than I want to look beautiful right now. There will be time to get my gorgeous face back when they figure out how to beat this thing into at least a tenuous remission if not a cure!

My research doc will talk to me at our appointment Friday about next steps. I am hopeful we can stay on the drug -- sounds like it might be working well. Otherwise, it may be on to clinical trial second line which is some kind of immunotherapy but I don't know much about it yet.

Again, thank you to my followers and well wishers -- know that The Hellion is far from beaten, but I really need to start winning a dice roll or two!

Cheers, all!

The Hellion

SCC Base of Tongue
Diagnosed 3/5/2014 T2N2C
PEG Installed 3/19/2014
Chemo/Rad 3/27/2014
1x Cisplatin, 4+ TaxoCarboplat + 33 * 70 gy
Chemo FINISHED 5/5/2014
Rads FINISHED
PEG tube removed 10/08/14
Back to work 4 Aug full time
1/19/15 - diagnosed mets to lungs