To all those here in the US--I hope you all enjoy the 4th of July weekend with friends and family! :-)

Alpaca,
The last two days (Day 9 and 10) I feel almost like "me"!!! My energy is coming back and any pain from the mouth sores (which showed up late evening of Day 6) is merely discomfort here and there since the pain mgmt team got in immediately and helped me get it under control. So Cycle 1--day 4 -7 the fatigue increased each day but day 8 started turning around significantly.
Surgery cites are healing nicely--the pressure from the mushroom in my stomach (PEG tube) still bugs me here and there but that improves every day as well.
Today I woke up, stretched, looked out the window and noted what a pretty day it looked like it was going to be and only then remembered the cancer in my tongue. I wasn't expecting to have a morning like that for a very, very long time.
I'm taking each day as it comes, hoping appetite starts to come back before I begin Cycle 2 on July 15. I know Cycle 2 may be completely different from Cycle 1 and I'm just going to take each day as it comes.

DX 6/5/15 Stage 4a SCC left lateral tongue, tumor involves 90% of my oral tongue
LVI and PNI identified
Med Port and PEG 6/23/15
Started Cycle 1 of Induction Chemo (TPF) 6/24/15--3 cycles in total
35 External Radiation sessions and concurrent chemotherapy (2 additional rounds of Cisplatin)
Brachytherapy
Remission as of 2/17/16