Hi Paul,
The surgeries ended up being quite a speed bump--I'm calling it that now---wasn't happy little more than 24 hours ago. Doctors admitted me Sunday, 6/21 because I have hyperthyroid (Graves Disease) and since the tumor is on my tongue the anesthiologist wanted to evaluate me first. Due to Graves and general stress around all of this my heart rate was ridiculously high-at one point 118 so Monday morning he wanted full endocrine consult. Endocrinologist said just give beta blocker and she'll be fine but by then (10 mins later) IR had already bumped me from schedule. Long story, short couldn't get me back on schedule Til 2:30 yesterday so I was in hospital an extra night and it meant I couldn't eat or drink after midnight Monday morning until 4:00 when IR said there was no way they could do it Monday and then again no food/drink as of midnight Tuesday until almost 9 last night when they discharged me.
Surgeries went well but the PED is quite sore. I'm still swallowing liquids and pur�ed foods well. Chemo starts today. I was able to get fluids and calories in but obviously not a full day's worth.

DX 6/5/15 Stage 4a SCC left lateral tongue, tumor involves 90% of my oral tongue
LVI and PNI identified
Med Port and PEG 6/23/15
Started Cycle 1 of Induction Chemo (TPF) 6/24/15--3 cycles in total
35 External Radiation sessions and concurrent chemotherapy (2 additional rounds of Cisplatin)
Brachytherapy
Remission as of 2/17/16