Wow... Okay I read this all the way back from the beginning, hopefully your biopsy went well. I've never heard of an ENT passing off a biopsy to an oral surgeon. Often they don't do them in the office - they prefer to do it in a surgical clinic or the like - but they prefer to do it as opposed to giving the job to someone else. Realistically speaking they send you to an oral surgeon, who will do it, but the follow up to this dx if you get a result of "cancer" is surgical removal, possible reconstruction and ideally some kind of neck dissection. This has to be done by an ENT (too far out of the oral surgeon's skill set) so sending you off for just the test seems stupid, IMHO. And believe me if it's cancerous based on location- it should include even a partial neck dissection.
That said I am going to parrot Christine. Over a long period of time not likely it's cancerous. However if you read my history - I had a problem for 4 years! Two years to my first negative biopsy another two years to my positive one. This cancer can be crazy aggressive, but it can also be slow moving in some forms. I think that may have something to do with your immune system and life style. Or just that it is in a dysplasia or precancerous state. Regardless it should be dealt with. And even if it's a negative dx - if it doesn't heal you should be checked regularly. Hugs

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan