I finally was able to make an appointment with an ENT, who will not do the biopsy in his own office, but will be sending me to a hospital close by that will be doing the biopsy there. I decided not to go with the oral surgeon because for 1, he didn't want to do the biopsy in the first place and 2, I don't have dental insurance and this failed root canal (if that's even what it is) is already going to cost me an arm and a leg.

I'm hoping he's correct on that failed root canal. I haven't had any pain that would indicate something is wrong with that tooth. No pain at all actually. The second sore that formed is still there, but hasn't caused me anymore pain either. I've started on some antibiotics and will be getting the failed root canal taken care of this Saturday. In the meantime however, I was taking a closer look inside my mouth after brushing my teeth and have been keeping a close eye on my left cheek ever since. I noticed that I have weird patches that go from white to red and back to white. They almost look like circles, and if I brush my tongue over them, they do not feel smooth like the right side of my cheek does. I think the oral surgeon should have seen this when looking inside my mouth. This doesn't seem ok to me, but I'm not a doctor so what do I know. I would chock it up to maybe that's where my teeth or gums brush against my cheek, but wouldn't be the same for the right side of my cheek as well then.

33 year old female. Smoked since 14 y/o, just quit cold turkey from the scare. Very light drinker. Sores that won't heal on my gums.