The oral surgeon did NOT do a biopsy. Foolishly, I was semi okay with this since it was during work hours and I had to get back to the office. I didn't know if I'd be in pain after the biopsy. I should have persisted with it though. What the OS said was that since I've had that white sore for 4 years and it hasn't changed thus far, it shouldn't be such a concern. However he did also say that white spots are a cause for concern when it comes to oral cancer. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on this one. And also, I see that the event you speak of is being held in my state in September. I'm gonna go to that event and walk/run with them as well as go for that free screening. Thank you so very much for letting me in on that info!! Much appreciated.

I did tell him about my problem with difficulty swallowing food and beverage at times, but he didn't address it further. In regards to the biopsy, he did tell me that with how long I'd been a smoker, a biopsy is bound to show some abnormalities on the results. But isn't that what I'm looking for?

33 year old female. Smoked since 14 y/o, just quit cold turkey from the scare. Very light drinker. Sores that won't heal on my gums.