Guess what just started for me today.... Strep throat. WHILE I'm on amoxicillan. I can't believe this. I've been on it since first thing Monday morning. I feel as thought I should not be getting strep throat while on a bacterial type of antibiotic. Because of how prone I am to strep, I know that's what it is. My glands are painfully swollen. It starts sudden and for me, always accompanied by a headache and incredible fatigue. And always produces that white stuff in the back of my throat. My mom wants me to go to see this ENT sooner and get the biopsy taken care of NOW...but it's impossible with work. I'm going to have to wait until this coming Wednesday and I'll be sure to tell the doc about this strep throat. Hopefully it is gone by then. I also have that appointment to fix the failed root canal tomorrow with an endodontist, so I'll be speaking to him about everything too. But does anyone have any thoughts...does this seem odd that I have even if it's only just a touch of mild strep throat, while being on such an antibiotic?

Last edited by JillieD; 08-01-2014 08:40 AM.

33 year old female. Smoked since 14 y/o, just quit cold turkey from the scare. Very light drinker. Sores that won't heal on my gums.