I'll add my welcome to this site - I've found it very helpful in dealing with the treatment and concomitant side-effects... as a cancer 'treatment' survivor (dealing with the treatment is the tough part so far), I found that the best anti-nausea drugs were Kytril (granisetron HCL) and Prochlorperazine Maleate (aka Compazine (sic)). The former I would take daily during my radiation/chemo (Cisplatin) treatments and also right before each dose of adjuvant chemo (Taxotere). The latter I would take anytime I would get and acidy stomach (mainly toward the end of my Taxotere chemotheapy) and it would take away the nausea very quickly. Nothing completely eliminated the nausea... but in my case, these helped - I found it good to have a supply of the Compazine on hand... obviously, check with your Mom's medical and/or radiation oncologist...

Scott, SCC, Stage IV, base of tongue, dx 5/03, modified radical neck disection LHS 6/03, radiaton/chemo (Cisplatin) 7-9/03, adjuvant chemo (Taxotere) 11/03 - 5/04.