My Mom will be starting rad. in a couple of wks. The Erbitux only shrunk the HPV...new tumor in her sinus and 2 more new spots on bottom gum line/lip & on inside cheek near lip. The cancer also went thru the roof of her mouth. So, last apptmnt was a real downer. Had hoped at 87 she'd only have to do the Erbitux. The skin on her forearms is darkening & her palms are peeling. No acne rash & from previous posts in other areas, learned that Erbitux wasn't the miracle drug we'd hoped for & I guess it didn't really work. Am glad to be able to come here & learn now what the radiation will do. Drs don't tell you about the mucositis, & haven't mentioned much other than there are good pain drugs. Wish my other fam members would come & read these posts. I tell them what we might expect & they just kind of say...oh...ok. Well, at least I have an idea what to expect so maybe there won't be too many surprises. Prayers for all here. Jane

caregiver to 87 yr old mother,HPV +,Using Erbitux w/little success,Hole in palate, & 3 new areas..2 in cheek, now tumor in sinus. See Rad Dr soon & will cont. w/Erbitux. PEG tube in April. Macular Degeneration--chemo finished off her sight. Mom passed away Fri nite...8/24.