John Christine is right - no one can tell you for sure as you're an individual and everyone heals differently and has a different experience - knowing what's to come is kind of impossible there are any number of things that can go down that will effect your healing so worrying about it is pointless because it may never happen or you may experience something none of us have ever had - though that's unlikely considering the collection of experiences here. mind you being informed doesn't hurt...
I personally had it easy..( and despite this it was no picnic) I was bad the last two days of radiation and over the weekend prior to the end of treatment - my radiation ended on a Tuesday - I hibernated took my pills and got through the rest of the week... Then I started to feel better. Very slowly. At one point swallowing and the post nasal drip felt like acid hitting the back of my throat, I remember a couple of weeks out cringing because I knew what was coming when I swallowed and miraculously it didn't hurt.
From that point it was all steady improvement... Though I'm a year out and spicy food still causes trauma as does anything acidic - and tomatoes only now are becoming friendly - and i dont di carbonated anything - and let me repeat - for as bad as it was, i was lucky! People get thrush, have chronic pain, permanent taste damage, tongue necrosis, osteo necrosis! Trismus, swallowing defects etc... No one can tell you - and no one here can say, don't worry two weeks after you will be better - that could very well be a lie... You could still be feeling super crummy - its all about you, your immune system, how you heal, your nutrition, even your outlook. You know your body best... Drs. Don't tell you anything because they don't know either - they they can only give you the average, the plus to being here is that we're honest about it and can tell you what we've been through but you will write your own story.

Good luck - it will get better smile

Last edited by Cheryld; 05-24-2012 06:14 AM.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan