So I spoke with my oncologist and she said because of my age and how well I'm handling it she thinks I'll start healing as soon as I stop recieving treatments and that in her experience that's how it goes for most patients she's seen. She assured me that 4 weeks from next Thursday my mouth will be in much better shape and that I'll most likely *knock on wood* be able to speak without pain. That's all I want. If I can talk and sing again without being in pain but I can't taste a thing or have to have liquid meals the rest of my life so be it.
But back to the topic
I have to say once you're into the thick of the radiation for me the worst part had been getting up and getting everything going. It's a total nightmare. Depending on how I slept my tongue and mouth could be completely dry and I find every day the pain is in a new place. But once I can gargle, the use magic mouthwash, then take my pain pills and lay back down until they kick in, then have my first liquid meal of the day and then get my teeth brushed then I feel like I could concur the world.
It's funny how things I never thought about in the past are such chores and undertakings now.

Today I am going to a theater a few towns over to visit. I was in a Play there last year and have seen numerous touring productions of broadway plays there. Being that im in no shape to perform in community theater I'm hoping this will allow me to release this sadness and maybe not feel so distant.

Taking a break from the forum for a while. Thank you so much for your support if you've been supportive.