Great news! Last Erbitux April 19th and final RAD April 23rd. The discomfort and pain were so intense from about March 19th until now, I just "shut down" and "went inside myself". I cannot explain but in difficult times I reach deep down for my soul and try to be outside the body. Anyway, I am finally able to feel the body and soul! Except for some of the extremely severe radiation burns that remain around my entire neck requiring Silvadene and wrapping, I am gaining energy. Taste still does not exist but appetite is returning. Mouth still burns in a few places. Erbitux rash is almost clear. Weight is stabilizing (I only lost about 5 pounds but was very focused on calories early on).

Bottom line is I am almost ready to say I am post treatment. PET scheduled for May 21st and I pray it will be clear then and for years to come. Thank everyone here for your suggestions, advice and prayers! Knowing some of the challenges to expect helped tremendously. Advice like Manuka honey, salt/baking soda water rinses, water pic, drinkng lots of water, carnation VHC drink and making myself rest in bed practically 24x7 are some of the best advice followed which I am sure helped. Perhaps I can now help others get though this and similar cancer challenges. This cancer, is ever is o very horribly due to the location and side effects. I cannot thank you all and the creators of this site enough! I can finally see some light and I pray it is not a fright train. You all are the best!

BrendaN. 58. Dx2/2/12 Non-smoker Mod drinker Avid exercise- Maui 1/2 marathon1/22/12- Not HPV. Prob cause- 35 yr amalgams-.2/8/2012 SCC, partial glossectomy (right side) SG IVa, 29 nodes, one w/cancer Erbitux 2/29/12 1/week-7 weeks. RAD 3/7/12 M-F for 6wks-clr PET 7/12-2ndclear CT 10/25/12