Brenda, you might also get a prescription for viscous lidocaine. I recommend that a lot because I found it was the only thing that would numb my mouth enough to allow me to drink anything, even water. There are also other oral rinses, Caphosol is one but as I recall it's very expensive. Baking soda and water are great though.

When the burns on my neck got to a critical stage and Aquafor was only partially helpful I found the best thing was silver sulfadiazine. It's a thick white goop that really did the trick for me.

This is a tough battle but you sound like a real fighter. Keep yourself fed as much as you can. I didn't get a PEG and wish I had, so you're ahead of the game there. And keep drinking tons of water as well.

We're all here for you all the way!

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18