Hi there . I'm the local veg head so I avoid whey and soy (far too maipnulated these say) however - in the morning, I blend - 4tbsp of cottage cheese + 2 of flax oil (refridgerated - otherwise it becomes rancid quickly ) once it is blended into an almost creamy texture I add 1/4 cup of fruit smoothie - they sell it in a bottle 100% fruit no additives - usually do the berry mix, but sometimes I switch it up, then I throw in 1/2 cup chocolate unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 reg unsweetened almond milk (two different brands - I would use only the chocolate but the original brand is thicker and creamier which I like), then I toss in two scoops of protein Powder - both vegan both soyless, one is a chocolate rice protein with an 98% protein Uptake - the other is a combination of hemp, chia, rice, and pea. It's vanilla flavored as they don't offer it in chocolate both are very smooth not gritty like some powders (and both are sweetened with stevia no sugar, then I add half a banana and frozen strawberries or mixed fruit depending on the smoothie juice I use and it's great! For an added nutty taste (but more grit) grind some flax and toss it in. Its low glycemic - high protein 46 - 54 gms - mild tasting - has over 400 calories and fills me until after lunch... Yum... wink. Ps there's a web site run by a former member - it's free to cancer patients and tube feeders - its called drink your meals... They have some decent recipes. Take care and you'll get through it!! If you want the protein and smoothie brand names I used pm me. I experiment on myself and am super fussy about taste and texture and there are some out there that are just plain gross. wink

Last edited by Cheryld; 03-10-2012 08:50 AM.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan