Well, I sent a few messages as intros. Surgery is complete. It was very difficult. PEG and Trach. But it was only for 8 days so not as long term as the upcoming 7 weeks of radiation. However, healing from the surgery is good. But this Wednesday (3/7/2012) is four weeks out and I will begin radiation and last week Wednesday (2/29/2012) received the initial Erbitux megadosing. Weekly Erbitux begins 3/8/2012). I am not looking forward to it given the many comments here. But I do know what to expect. Expectations, however do not eliminate the fear of the dreaded side effects. Does anyone have advice on dealing with the mouth sores so weight can be maintained? Any other advice on nutrition? (after surgery we made soups and i blended them to liquids and supplemented with homemade smoothies and Boost) Does anyone have successful treatments for the Erbitux rash? Does the product Proactiv work?

BrendaN. 58. Dx2/2/12 Non-smoker Mod drinker Avid exercise- Maui 1/2 marathon1/22/12- Not HPV. Prob cause- 35 yr amalgams-.2/8/2012 SCC, partial glossectomy (right side) SG IVa, 29 nodes, one w/cancer Erbitux 2/29/12 1/week-7 weeks. RAD 3/7/12 M-F for 6wks-clr PET 7/12-2ndclear CT 10/25/12