Brenda, as the weeks go by your nutrition and hydration will be more and more important. No matter how lousy and miserable you feel, you MUST get your calories and hydration every single day. It is NOT optional! Well, I should say if you want to avoid being hospitalized then it is mandatory. I have warned so many people about this over the years and some get it but others just cant get there. Every one who cant quite make it every day with the minimums will end up in the hospital, every single time. I know I sure did, a few times. So Im really glad you learned this before it became an issue. This will also help you to feel better than many of us.

I wanted to ask you if you had someone helping you there? Do you have someone to drive you to treatments? If you need help, call the American Cancer Society. They can help you with providing a volunteer driver at least some of the days. You will need to get a form filled out by your doctor. Its a great help when someone is very ill and their family needs a break. I am one of their drivers. I try to make time for at least one day per month to take someone to their appointment. Also think if anyone offered to help you. Hope you wrote their names down. Dont be proud, people really do want to help so if you need help, ask. Wouldnt you help someone if your friend was sick?

Hang in there, you have a whole new online family ready to help you get thru this.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma