Hi Samantha

I am so very sorry that you are going through so much at your age. I have a 22 year old daughter and as a mother it breaks my heart that you are suffering so much. But, you sound so strong and resilient. Plus, talking to Christine is the best therapy you can have. I know this from experience. I too had a recurrence in my lymph nodes soon after my first surgery. I found a lump in my neck just before Christmas..my surgery was in Sept 2010 so it had come back 3 months after or was there all along and was missed when I had the neck dissection where they removed 40 nodes ..all negative for cancer.

I had an ultrasound and biopsy which proved the lump to be cancerous..plus many more of its friends! So, back to theatre I went..this time I had a radical neck dissection. I start radiation and chemo on the 12th of April.

Christine is my mentor and friend..I could not have got over my anxiety and fear if she had not helped me. Through her, I joined OCF, met so many beautiful, supportive and kind people who I call my 'angels' and some of them are in Australia so I get to speak to some of them on the phone as well as through FB!

I can't explain why cancer strikes some of us the way it does..I found the best way to deal with it all was just to be grateful for each day and for all the blessings I have. I started to let go of the fear and I now live one day at a time. No one can predict the future..I have no control over tomorrow but I have power to live today in a way that makes me happy and fulfilled.

You seem to be handling all of this so bravely and with such positivity. With prayer, a positive attitude and plenty of love and support, miracles happen! I am a firm believer in that and you will see so many people on this site have survived despite the odds. For me, cancer has brought about so many new and amazing friendships, something I would not have had otherwise and I also appreciate my life more than ever. That to me, is a blessing that is rich and rewarding.

So, please don't let go of your positive attitude, keep the faith always and remember when you are feeling down and sad, you can vent here and we are all there to support you through it all. And know that it is okay to feel depressed sometimes, it is okay to cry and feel anxious..allow yourself to feel emotions as they come.

My prayers are with you Samantha..hugs to you and your little girl. God bless you xoxox

SCC of the Buccal Mucosa (R cheek)- T1N0M0.10 hour Surgery on 27/9/10 involving resection with freeflap from radial forearm..clear margins. Neck dissection..negative nodes.Trachy, NGT, no rad or chemo needed at the time. Neck lump positive for SCC..again! MND 14/2/11. Waiting to have chemo and rads