Hi Bethers0808 -

No, you're not scaring me. smile I prefer to know the facts beforehand so anything is good.
They didn't biopsy the lymph nodes, but through the CT scan, it showed at least one lymph node infected. I'll ask for the deepness of the cancer today with the oncologist.
He's being treated at Vancouver General Hospital, in Vancouver Canada. The date of his surgery is next Tuesday. It'll take about 10 hours or so followed by approximately 5 days in the hospital. The feeding tube is G2 Tube. From scanning a couple of posts, I see PEG and NG but not G2... That'll be one of my questions today.

I do have other questions if you don't mind..
1) some people told me I should monitor him at night too in case he chokes and can't breath. They said that if he has a hard time swallowing after the surgery, and he has phlegm build up in his throat, then there's a danger of him not able to breath. I don't even know how to begin to help him on that front. Is it to keep him not lying flat and have large pillows so he can kind of sit up while sleeping? sorry this may be a very dumb question.
2) he has allergies. in the morning, he spends a couple of minutes clearing up his nasal cavities as well as his throat. with the neck dissection, will he still be able to clear his throat?

thanks so much for your advice!