Susan,

I still remember vividly my emotions during the first weeks. When I read your posts, they come pouring back. I too wanted all the answers and knew that information was power as long as it was good information.

How can I simplify those weeks...we had a very poor/weak ENT...at least in the communication arena. I felt like Bill's cancer was bigger than the both of us and just making the call to a CCC was a big hurdle. In hindsite...it was just a phone call...one that the intake people at Moffitt CC got every day and once I made the call, people helped me get to the right place and move forward with Bill's diagnosis and treatment.

On our last visit to Moffitt, I noticed a quote from A.A Milne (Christopher Robin to Pooh) on the wall:

"Remember, you are braver than you believe, you are stronger than you seem, and you are smarter than you think."

Take this to heart and know that you can do this even when it seems impossibly complicated and hard. Put your "Nurse from Hell" hat on and plow forward.

Hugs, Deb

Deb..caregiver to husband, age 63 at diagnosis, former smoker who quit in 1997.
DIAGNOSIS: 6/26/07 SCC right tonsil/BOT T4N0M0
TREATMENT START: 8/9/07 cisplatin/taxol X 7..IMRT twice daily X 31.5.
TREATMENT END: 10/1/07
PEG OUT: 1/08
PORT OUT: 4/09
FOLLOWUP: Now only annual exams. ALL CLEAR!

Passed away 1/7/17 RIP Bill