Wow. thank you so much for the quick responses. I think I found a sane place to be.
He literally just went to the ENT today.So, the biopsy was done today. It obviously wasn't looked at yet but he assured us he was positive it was cancer(maybe by history? 67 year old male who smokes with a "wound---for lack of a better word) on tongue.
He also seemed very sure it was in both nodes. How does one know that without a scan of some sort. Don't nodes sometimes get big from infection(ie-my husband has a cold).
He also told us the treatment would probably be 7 weeks of combined chemo and radiation and then a "mop-up"(surgery,if needed).
He was so nervous telling us that I kept wondering if he was trying to give us an unspoken,get your affairs in order. I have never seen a Dr that rattled. it was scary.
We are not going to stay with him. I think the advice to go to a center is excellent. but we did go ahead and schedule the MRI and pet.
Is a pet scan common. I guess given his reaction I thought he was ordering it because he thought it spread. How does one have so much info just by scope and unread biopsy?
Also, do folks have any opinions about these "cutting edge" technology I'm reading about a la Sloan or Mayo,etc.
Again. THANK YOU. REALLY.
One more thing he also told him he would need a feeding tube. at what point is that done???

Last edited by SusanW; 02-05-2010 03:00 PM.

CG to Spouse BOT, Chemo and radiation started on March 29,2010
Ended on May 14,2010. LET THE HEALING BEGIN!!!