It's amazing. Every time I sign on here I get another useful fact or it stops my mind from being crazy.
I just woke up out of a sound sleep and my mind start getting crazy with this Dr. again. Intellectually,I know the issue is his(who needs to visibly do a deep breathing exercise before talking to a patient). We have 4 kids so as you might imagine we frequently see Drs for different things, my dad died of pancreatic cancer and my mom has a heart condition and so we see more Drs than I'd like.
But I have never come across someone so rattled. Even Dave who is a very calm guy said he started thinking this must be the worse case of oral cancer in history for this guy to get so upset. And I'm not exaggerating his reaction at all. He was visibly upset.
To sum up:
He took one look and told Dave it was cancer.
He biopsied it but didn't tell us how long it would be to get results. In response to that question he said"even if it comes back clean,I'll keep biopsing until it comes back positive I'm so sure."
He was able to tell us where the cancer started and spread to(under the tongue(although there's nothing there) around to the surface(where the visible thing is),
He said there was node involvement on both sides because both sides were swollen.
He said that Dave only gets one shot at getting better.
And he was flustered and upset!!!
As I said early,I know there is a good chance he is right through history and symptoms and I know he should have been more poker face.
BUT is it possible that what he saw was just so awful and obvious that was what freaked him out?
Like I said the thing in Dave's mouth looks like an open wound(although the rest of the tongue looks fine) so maybe that's really bad.
Ok this is my middle of the night , probably irrational thinking but I figured I'd put it out there to folks that have various experiences with Drs reactions.

We are going to contact both the Beth Israel guy and the Sloan guy to see where to start!!!

Last edited by SusanW; 02-06-2010 12:19 AM.

CG to Spouse BOT, Chemo and radiation started on March 29,2010
Ended on May 14,2010. LET THE HEALING BEGIN!!!