Angelia,
I would think that darvocet is not nearly strong enough for the kind of throat pain caused by radiation. I was put on a fentanyl patch and stayed on fentanyl patches for a while even after radiation was over. There is no need to sit around in pain and I suggest that you speak to your doctors about it.
Also, I know that you have heard it before, but, for me, once I could no longer swallow, the feeding tube was a lifesaver.

I became very depressed once the radiation treatments ended, not during them when I was busy going to the hospital twice a day.
The social worker at MDACC turned me on to free cancer counseling offered by a local group called Cancer Cares. I met with a psychologist only once, but the social worker also recommended a men's cancer support group, which I attended once a week for a while. (Unfortunately, most men's group seem to be populated by mostly prostate cancer guys and most women's groups consist of mostly breast cancer patients, but it still was comforting even though no one else had the same issues as I : swallowing.)
Anyway, as time passed by and I started taking a nice 2 mile walk every day and keeping a little busy by running a couple of errands every day or stopping by the office, and in a couple of weeks, my outlook started to really improve. Once you can see a little light and realize that you really do have a future, things get sunnier. I did not take anti-depressants but I would have taken them in a second if I thought that I needed them.
I wish that the medical marijuana movement had progressed more when I was in treatment in 2002...I would have been all over it.

Take care and good luck.

Danny G.

Stage IV Base of Tongue SCC
Diagnosed July 1, 2002, chemo and radiation treatments completed beginning of Sept/02.