I thought I would just let you all know, I am still around. The infection is about as good as it is goning to get, per my ENT. Next MO apt. is Oct 8. I believe if everything stays the same I will be starting carboplatin and taxol at that time. The better I feel with the infection the better I feel with the decision to do the chemo. I know I am not changing anything. The outcome is still going to be the same, but I might get some very special moments that I would not have had otherwise.
I am strong enough now that my local H&N support group that I have been attending for the last year are coming to see me tomorrow. I am thrilled at having company that I am not related too! I have been able to get out of the house a couple of times. Hubby doesn't like the idea of me driving. But that is due to the pain meds and not my strength. I haven't fought him too hard about this. Last thing I need is a ticket or worst.

40 yr old. Stage IV SCC found left tonsil. PET/CT shows cancer on base of tongue, floor of mouth, lymph nodes on both sides. HPV 16 pos. 6 weeks of cisplatin, 43 days of radiation. 73gy on each side.
ND March 2, 2009
reoccurance dx'd Aug 19, 2009