Thank you,
I'm back from the PET/CT scan. I have some very beautiful pictures that only have one rather large spot that glows. Nothing anywhere else. Thankfully. The only thing I can read and make since of is the SUV=19. I understand this to be a very high number. However, since I already had the area biopsied it wouldn't have mattered if the number was 2. I think all the other numbers on this are just the x and y axis numbers or something along those lines. She was going to do the dictation later today and send it out to me.
I do have a question. I guess it's retorical, but boy I would like an answer.
On June 10th I had a CTscan. It showed some edema in the left mandible area and that as really about it. Not a mention of the right side of my head or neck. Less than three months later I have a tumor that is big enough to see? Does that sound right? I know that SCC is agressive I know that it is fast moving, but man, just how could this be?
I know my question is just a dressed up version of why me. But if someone has an answer to this that makes a little bit of since, please tell me!

40 yr old. Stage IV SCC found left tonsil. PET/CT shows cancer on base of tongue, floor of mouth, lymph nodes on both sides. HPV 16 pos. 6 weeks of cisplatin, 43 days of radiation. 73gy on each side.
ND March 2, 2009
reoccurance dx'd Aug 19, 2009