On Monday I went to my regularly scheduled appointment with my ENT. I was perpared to drive 60 miles one way for a 10 minute appointment. Talk about the trush I'd been fighting for the last two weeks and leave. This is not how it turned out at all.
He found a spot that was not there six weeks ago. He was able to do a biopsy. I'm not sure how he got into my mouth. My trimus has gotten worse over the last few weeks. (I guess that was another sign) He told me while I was in the office that he didn't think it was going to be very good at all.
On Wednesday, while clothes shopping with my 15 year old I got the call. It's possitive. As of right now, my schedule looks like this I have a CT on Monday the 24th, a follow up the with ENT on Tuesday and surgery on the 31st. I don't know what kind of surgery or what will be done. To tell the truth at this point I don't even know if there's a point to doing the surgery. We'll know more after the scans come back.
Amy

40 yr old. Stage IV SCC found left tonsil. PET/CT shows cancer on base of tongue, floor of mouth, lymph nodes on both sides. HPV 16 pos. 6 weeks of cisplatin, 43 days of radiation. 73gy on each side.
ND March 2, 2009
reoccurance dx'd Aug 19, 2009