AmyK
I'm so very sorry to hear about your reoccurrance. I'm glad, however, that you feel well enough to enjoy your family. Have a nice weekend.

Everyone has given you great advice. I certainly wouldn't let the doctor's intimidate you. I would definitely get a second opionion and/or check out other options.

I would like to add a bit of info from my experience. I was originally prescribed Cisplatin and radiation for my tx, but I convinced my doctors to do "Induction Chemo Therapy." There are several drug combinations available now, but the study I followed was Cisplatin, 5-FU and Textara (sp?). It severely reduced my cancer. I don't know by what %, but you could not feel the tumor any longer. I don't know if it would work in your situation, but I would difinitely ask. Your doctor's can research the study my treatment was based upon-TAX324. The treatment is specically for Stage 3-4.

I don't have the info in front of me at the moment, but a hospital in PA does laser surgery for head and neck cancers. If you want more info, let me know.

Amy, please know that you are in my prayers.

Sandyst

Sandy 56, BOT SCC Biopsy 1/21/09 Stage 3, T3NXM0.
Finished 3 cycle induction chemotherapy 4/7/09. (Chisplatin, 5-fu and Texotere). Re-staged 4/20/09,(very successful.) Will start Carboplatin/radiation 2 Gy/5 days/7 weeks (Tomotherapy) starting May 4th. Finished 6/22/09.
OCF member/supporter