Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Thanks everyone!

My company's medical and dental plans are rather generous. I am very very very very very fortunate. I am also lucky to live in an area where I have had no issues with network coverages, etc. I wish my mom was as fortunate as she has no medical insurance except for the care she receives from the Veteran's Administration (and I am thankful she has that as the VA took such good care of her through her Renal Cell Carcinoma 4 years ago).

I am actually pretty calm now-- considering what everyone had posted and what my dentist felt-- I feel like things are somewhat in my "control" right now and that there will soon be no unknowns. Control being that I have taken the steps to meet up with the oral surgeon etc.

Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

I had to have my teeth removed and My Ins. was buckimg until the Dr let them know in any uncertain terms that it was medically necessary. They paid for it all , but it took them a year to finally settle this claim. They had more excuses than the Chicago Stock Yards used to have bull crap. LOL But finally it is paid in full.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here
EzJim #97073 06-09-2009 06:28 PM
OP Offline

Well-- I went to see the Oral Surgeon yesterday.

He took a quick look and told me that he felt that it was more than likely an amalgram tattoo. He said that those are fairly common and it could very well be that I never noticed it before or during all of the various dental procedures I have had in the past couple months it is possible that a piece of old metal filling may have become displaced and floated into a new home in my gum.

He said the second thing it could be was a blue nevus. He said that this is fairly rare, but not out of the realm of possibility. He said the third most rare thing could be a vascular issues (such as bundling of veins or sthg like that) and the most rare that this could be would be a melanoma.

He said honestly the coloration and appearance did not look like malignant melanoma at all. He said he really felt it was just an amalgram tattoo from the coloration even though it is in an area where I do not really have a silver filling.

He did want me to keep an eye on it each week and he felt that if any change in hue or appearance (growing larger, spreading out in a random manner) that I need to come back immediately. He did not think it was necessary to biopsy. I do have a six month check up (assuming I do not notice any changes) for him to take another look at it as well.

Ironically, today I noticed a bump on the other side of my mouth near the gum line. Almost like a cut/pimple. I think it may have to do with eating something (I know I burned the upper area above this spot). It seems like I have irritated it but now it is a dark red color. I am going to keep an eye on it although I think it has to be something I ate that either jabbed the gum line or something else.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics