Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
MeganCannon
Unregistered
MeganCannon
Unregistered

Hello Everyone!

I am new to the forum and would like to introduce myself to all of you.

My name is Megan Cannon and I am the new Communications Manager here at OCF. (For those of you that knew Brittany, I am her replacement : ) she has moved on to fulfill her dreams in environmental science). So here at OCF its my job to spread awareness of Oral Cancer to the general public and focusing especially to the young adult population. In all honesty, before I took this position I had no idea of the link between Oral Cancer and HPV. Now I know that this effects me too, a young woman who is smoke and tobacco free! I want everyone else to know too and demand an Oral Cancer screening on the regular from their dentists. I feel very passionate about my new position and I will do everything in my power to make a difference.

In order to get the word out, I plan to come up with creative ways to grasp the attention of the public. We have a few things up our sleeves that I will keep you all updated with as they happen. I would also love to hear from all of you! If there is anything that you would like to see happen please contact me. You can either leave me a thread here or send me a direct email: [email protected] I am also in the OCF office Monday-Friday from 8:30- 4:30 PST and my direct line is: 949-723-4400.

I look forward to meeting all of you and assisting your needs in any way.

Believe,

Megan

P.S.- For those of you that are in to social networking, we are on Twitter, Myspace & Facebook. Please add OCF as your friend!

TWITTER page:
http://twitter.com/oralcancerfnd

Myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/oralcancerfoundation

Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Newport-Beach-CA/The-Oral-Cancer-Foundation/71652992791?ref=ts

(In addition to this group, add our FB page! This will appear on your profile so you can help us spread awareness more!)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Newport-Beach-CA/The-Oral-Cancer-Foundation/71652992791?ref=mf

Join all the fun!!!!

Last edited by MeganCannon; 05-05-2009 09:51 AM.
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

megan,

Welcome.

If you ever need any input from a dentist and oral cancer survivor, please feel free to contact me.

I hope you got my email asking for the pin to wear to the NYC walk on April 18th.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"
Platinum Member (300+ posts)
Platinum Member (300+ posts)

Welcome Megan - we like your enthusiasm - now get to work!
Jane smile

Husband: 3 SCC gum and cheek cancers 2002, 2005, 2006: surgery only. Scans clear after removal of small, well differentiated, non-invasive cancers. No radiation. 4th SCC lip diagnosed 4/13/07 - in situ, removed in biopsy. More lip removed 2/8/08 - dysplasia. 2 Biopsies 3/17/09 no cancer (lichenoids)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Megan
Welcome...I guess, as Jim says, we like it here but, wish we never found the place.
There are so many wonderful people that hang out, offer advice and perspective here to help others that it never gets boring.

We're all in your corner.

Mike

Dentist since 1995, 12 year Cancer Survivor, Father, Husband, Thankful to so many who supported me on my journey so far, and more than happy to comfort a friend.
Live, Laugh, Love & Learn.
MeganCannon
Unregistered
MeganCannon
Unregistered

The wheels are turning! We are continuing to work on new things here at OCF and as we progress Ill be blogging along the way. See for yourself:
www.theothersideoforalcancer.blogspot.com

Megan, I just want to let you know that my brochures arrived today, Thank you and have a good day tomorrow.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here

Hi Megan,

I just added your blog to my feeds. Great job.

It was great to speak with you last Friday. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"

Hi Megan

Joined in on blogspot...

thanks

Kevin

18 YEAR SURVIVOR
SCC Tongue (T3N0M0) diag 06/2006.
No evidence of disease 2010
Another PET 12-2014 pre-HBO, still N.E.D.

�Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. It matters that you don't just give up.�
Stephen Hawking
MeganCannon
Unregistered
MeganCannon
Unregistered

Thanks Kevin!

MeganCannon
Unregistered
MeganCannon
Unregistered

Thanks for your support Jerry!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3