Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Senior Member (75+ posts)
Senior Member (75+ posts)

Laurie,

Has she tried liquid nutrition like Nestle's Probalance? I took it through my PEG for years and then started drinking it chilled using flavor packets I ordered online.

I can attest to long term PEG use problems as I had mine for nearly 4 years before it was removed last week after I hemmorhaged at the insert site. I am now totally on an oral diet but the supplement gives one all the nutrition needed without chewing.

If you need anything further, let me know. We are with you on this site and she is not alone with you by her side.

Jim

Tongue cancer glossectomy Feb 04 - PEG then to Oct. 4, 2007

Minnie,
Want to thank you and Dr. Mike for your input about the Oxygen treatments. I met with the team in Marietta, Georgia and I was shown around the facility. I had all my questions answered, and I am waiting on the staff to find out if my
insurance will pay for the treatments. If they will I will start treatment right away. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for your help and I feel I have truely found a family here.

Judy

BOT SCC Stage III DX August 14, 2006. Radiation and Chemo completed January, 2007. No surgery. "When you have exhausted all possibilities remember this-----You Haven't"
Senior Member (100+ posts)
Senior Member (100+ posts)

The chocolate flavored Ensure Plus is great! If your doctor calls in a prescription for it to your insurance company, then they will pay for it and ship a month's supply at a time to your house. I use that and I love it. I also still use my peg tube. I use the Jevity 1 Cal for my peg tube, which was also prescribed by my doctor.

Nine years out. New normal with limitations, but surviving and living life to the fullest.

Be very careful of hypobaric after a bout with cancer. After Mike's first round of radiation he went into remission but had a place in his mouth that would not heal and was causing some real problems. He was adviced to take hypobaric which he did against his oncologist advice. He told us if there was even a single cell of cancer in his body that was active and maybe just not showing up hypo was like pouring gas on a fire. Well here we are with a reoccurrance. You can't look back and second guess your decisions but I will always wonder if we had listened to the oncologist where would we be now.
You are in my prayers.

My husband has been on a PEG for three years. They say that the stricture is too severe and there is nothing that can be done. I will not accept that. There must be something. Can anyone offer advice?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics