Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

hello sophie,
i had many of the same experiences with my husband Del. the last 2 weeks of radiation he was barely "there". slept most of the day, and still sleeps 14 hours every day. and if you're the primary caregiver, its like you are holding the bag emotionally. i feel so guilty when i am discouraged, or have been crying. i feel like i have to keep up the encouragement, but all this is so tiring, you know... and you're working!! so,just take an extra little time for yourself if you can..
thinking of you

wife to Del,dx.4/07 BOT SCC t3n3m0 3rounds chemo (5fu,cisplat,taxotere,erbitux)35 IMRT tx.with weekly erbitux.finished 9/07. 12/07 biopsies +,surgery not an option.returned to palliative chemo 2/08. 6 tx.of cisplatin/taxotere,methotrexate 8 tx. He died Aug 20,2008, but lives always in my heart.

Very late to the board but...need to echo. Post rad is the worst of the worst. From mid treatment to some time after neither my husband or I were without his 'spit cup'. The man could not - would not swallow! That he now inhales pizza amazes me so I hope for that miracle for you too! Sophie - its all a miracle!

I read on these boards to allow at least one month of time to heal for every week of rad treatment. So far that has been excellent advice!

Dawn

Caregiver for Jim who has HNSCC (Tonsillar and right base of tongue T1, N2, Stage IV) 55 Yrs old moderate drinker and never smoked.
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
Supporting Member (50+ posts)

is it true about it taking that lenght of time i had 7 weeks of chemo and 7 of rad
to the larnyx true right vocal cord .now every little pain scares me to death. is there a easy stop smoking treatment
would some one help me to understand this tumor stuff in laymens terms it was stage1T1a no mo
tired of checking my mouth everyday just to be sure, reports are good so far go back to ent injan.chemo dr treated me for a t2-t3 please help

Lolita - Stage 1, no node involvement, no distant mets. 6 weeks of radiation plus 6 chemo treatments, one each week.
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Lolita --

This link will take you to a clear explanation of the TNM staging system, showing you the meaning of each letter and number (scroll down the page that comes up when you click the link).

This is from the main Oral Cancer Foundation site, where there are pages and pages of useful information. It has its own search engine; a link to that search engine is at the bottom of each message board page (the very bottom right, in gold letters).

As an aside, you may want to consider starting your own thread when you have a question, like this one, not directly related to the topic of the post. Otherwise, what you are asking is likely to get lost as people reply to issues raised by the person who started the thread. If you start your own thread, all the answers should directly relate to what you want to know.

-- Leslie

Leslie

April 2006: Husband dx by dentist with leukoplakia on tongue. Oral surgeon's biopsy 4/28/06: Moderate dysplasia; pathology report warned of possible "skip effect." ENT's excisional biopsy (got it all) 5/31/06: SCC in situ/small bit superficially invasive. Early detection saves lives.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Eva Grayzel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users