Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Platinum Member (300+ posts)
Platinum Member (300+ posts)

With this starting with some kind of infection/virus. With two laryngoscopies coming back clear. With inconsistent symptoms of discomfort for 4 months in your throat and no real discernible lymph swelling it doesn't present itself as typical H&N cancer. If there are no obvious swollen lymph nodes then getting a FNA would not be likely. Blood work would not indicate H&N cancer but some cancers (lymphoma) will show blood counts that are off. Again, you're not presenting symptomatic cancer symptoms.

The only thing that even made me suspicious something was wrong is the swelling didn't go away after the first round of antibiotics. It went down a little bit but didn't go away. This was because I actually had an infection on top of the cancer. After the 2nd round of drugs with no change, I had a CT done which confirmed abnormal level 2 lymph nodes. It was very obvious where to stick the needle for the FNA.

The swollen lymph nodes were not painful. I had no difficulty eating or swallowing. I felt fine with the exception of some fatigue which started in early October. It wasn't until I had the FNA that the cancer started to accelerate it's growth. By the time I had my 2nd surgery (Feb. 7th) I was feeling ill.

I'm not a doctor so these are just words on a screen. However, for your peace of mind, I suggest you do whatever you feel you need to do to get the answers you seek. It's my hope that I'm 100% right!

Positive thoughts and prayers,

"T"

Cardiac bypass 11/07
Cardiac stents 10/2012
Dx'd 11/30/2012 Tx N2b MO Stage IV HPV+
Palatine Tonsillectomy/Biopsies 12-21-12
Selective Neck Dissection/Lingual Tonsillectomy/biopsies TORS 2/7/13
Emergency Surgery/Bleeding 2/18/13
3/13/2013 30rads/6chemo
Finished Tx 4/24/13
NED Since
OP Offline

Thanks for all responses.

I've been having so many different kinds of symptoms over the last few months that come and go that i have lost count, but again all inconclusive on what is causing them.

I will be closely monitoring my health and hopefully things will get better. I also have an MRI in mind if i don't see any improvement within the month of June.

I will be updating with any news.

Best of luck and hope you all get (and stay)healthy soon!

Ath

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320