Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Maria #144573 01-06-2012 05:55 PM
"OCF Down Under"
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
OP Offline
"OCF Down Under"

Thanks heaps Maria. I'm sorry to hear about that, cancer doesn't care who it takes and who it leaves behind frown Yeah he's doing very well for himself !

I was wondering if I could ask a favour of some of you. It wasn't too long ago I posted on here about wanting to work with cancer patients and post-cancer issues. My way of contributing is through health & fitness. A friend of mine David Robertson has created a non-for profit foundation so he can train and give nutritional and health advice to those who have been through cancer. It's something I'm very passionate about and I was recently accepted into the same course he does. I'd have the same idea of what he is currently doing before I'd met him, and then I was put through to him. He has the same dream and he needs support to make it happen. He's entered a competition to try and win funds for his foundation to train more patients more often. I've witnessed first hand for myself the good he does. He's living his dream, his passion. I don't expect any of you to take time out to vote but if you did I'd be very appreciative. It takes about a minute to click 'vote' and leave your first name and email adress. You then click the link in the email that you are sent immediately to cast your vote. I've copied and pasted below what he's written to describe what he's doing. I'll leave a link there as well. Thankyou very much for reading this.

Here's what he said... I myself have personally been through Cancer, I was diagnosed at 22 with Burkitts Leukemia. After 8 Intense rounds of chemotherapy i was thrown back into the real world with no help/support in finding a new normal way of life again and rebuilding my body from it being totally destroyed. I am now in the health and fitness industry and my dream is to provide funding for the tools and education to those who have been through cancer to become Fitter, Healthier and Stronger than ever before. I provide education in optimum health and make the recovery process quicker and peace of mind that they are doing everything possible to make sure they are as healthy and strong as possible to avoid relapse.

http://sunsuperdreams.com.au/dream/view/tools-education-for-those-affected-by-cancer

Please vote if you can and remember to click on the link in the email afterwards. Again, I don't expect any of you to do so. I've gained so much already from the support from you guys when I needed it most. I can only hope I can repay that faith from all of you on here.

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday period. My thoughts are with those currently in battle with this illness. All the best.

Dave

21 @ diagnosis. Tongue cancer(SCC) non smoker,HPV negative. 11 hour Surgery (30+ glands removed-left side neck dissection, 'jaw split' for 'access'-left side tongue dissection, graft & artery from left thigh for re-construction of tongue.44 rad t'ments.4x cisplatin.no peg.Clear PET scan 12/5/2011!
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Dave, I cast my vote for your friend David -- I hope his dream is the winner.

Susan

SCC R-Lateral tongue, T1N0M0
Age 47 at Dx, non-smoker, casual drinker, HPV-
Surgery: June 2005
RT: Feb-Apr 2006
HBOT: 45 in 2008; 30 in 2013; 30 in 2022 -> Total 105!
Recurrence/Surgeries: Jan & Apr 2010
Biopsy 2/2011: Moderate dysplasia
Surgery 4/2011: Mild dysplasia
Dental issues: 2013-2022 (ORN)
"OCF Down Under"
OP Offline
"OCF Down Under"

Thankyou very much Susan, much appreciated!

Hope so smile

21 @ diagnosis. Tongue cancer(SCC) non smoker,HPV negative. 11 hour Surgery (30+ glands removed-left side neck dissection, 'jaw split' for 'access'-left side tongue dissection, graft & artery from left thigh for re-construction of tongue.44 rad t'ments.4x cisplatin.no peg.Clear PET scan 12/5/2011!
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics