Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#120805 08-22-2010 06:56 AM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 212
Gold Member (200+ posts)
Gold Member (200+ posts)

Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 212
Hello friends, I have been very quilty of being MIA for the last few months..my bad.
I am 11 months out and doing pretty good, 3 clear PET and gaining weight, Still some eating chalanges and atill get a frogy voice. Taste buds are back but diferent, salvis is very good, I can spit!

I will get back with the program, hope everyone is doing well

Steve


70 male, athlete...again
SSC of undetermined orgin , early july 09
40 tx radiation, 8 chemo cisplatin and ebuterx
finished TX in mid Sept 09
Clear at the 6 year mark!
Back to swimming, biking and running! just a tad slower
never regained my weight, even when I eat lots and lots, just a skinny guy now

Just way glad to be seeing the green side up!




tristeve #120813 08-22-2010 11:13 AM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,409
Likes: 1
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,409
Likes: 1
Steve, congrats on the clear readings. I recall that I was just a few months ahead of you in treatment. I've found, like you, that it takes time. So glad to hear you're gaining weight and the saliva thing is fantastic!

Continued good health to you.
D2


David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 15 years all clear in 6/24 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18
David2 #120821 08-22-2010 03:53 PM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 235
Gold Member (200+ posts)
Gold Member (200+ posts)

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 235
Steve, I so appreciate reading posts like this. Glad to hear things are steadily improving for you.


CG to Spouse BOT, Chemo and radiation started on March 29,2010
Ended on May 14,2010. LET THE HEALING BEGIN!!!
SusanW #120830 08-22-2010 08:14 PM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 357
Platinum Member (300+ posts)
Platinum Member (300+ posts)

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 357
Great news on the 3 clear Pets!

Marlene


Marginal mandibulectomy 6/17/08 resulted in DX of Stage I SCC - gingiva (3 mm) right mandible, buccal side. Clear margins. Occasional social drinker. Smoked last cigarette in 1979. Clear pet: 12/08; 7/20/09. Yay!
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 101
Senior Member (100+ posts)
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 101
hooray on the spit- my husband is a bit jealous!


Caregiver to Erik -1st DX 12/22/2005 SCC of Tongue, T3N1M0, hemi-glossectomy,60 nodes removed, carboplatnin,Erbitux, 35Rads.
Reoccurrence T1N0M0 4/14/08-partial glossectomy-16 weeks Erbitux and Taxol-
3rd reoccurrence 5/18/12- partial glossectomy

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,264
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,918
Newest Members
Oralcuriosity, SpeechRoot, clariemarie, arob, Sfall
13,545 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23
Topics18,320
Posts197,347
Members13,546
Most Online7,516
Mar 21st, 2026
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1