Hi all,

Why am I not surprised to find Brian and the OCF in print again.

I just received the January issue of "Inside Dentistry", a widely distributed dental magazine. There are 3 wonderful articles in it, and Brian and or the OCF are in all three.

I had known about this coming issue since last September when I was contacted by one of the writers to see if I could help her out. After some lengthy discussions and emails, I referred her to the OCF website and and gave her the email addresses for two OCF members that had lost loved ones to oral cancer. As a result of this, she put together a great article about the OCF, Brian and Rosie Michael. For those that don't know Rosie, her daughter Heather fought and lost, a long and courageous battle with oral cancer.

The writer did a wonderful job detailing Brian's fight and successes and gave a heart rendering synopsis of Heather's battle.

I am hoping that these 3 articles will go a long way in helping to get the word out to my colleagues about the importance of early detection.

I hope that there is some way that Brian can get these articles to Sheldon so that they can be placed in the Oral Cancer In The News section of the website to be read by all.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"