Hello everyone, It has been a long time since I was here to post. I miss my old friends and hope you are all doing better than anyone thought possible!

I have something to offer as a saliva substitute when eating. It is simple, low cost and I find it works better than anything else I have tried and it has a side effect that most will find acceptable if not beneficial.

Get a jar of non-flavored "bulk forming dietary fiber supplement" known as Psyllium Seed Husk Fiber. (Metamucil) There are generic suppliers too. Mix a glass folowing the regular suggested dose or at a rate of 1/2 the usual powder. Leave it stand for several minutes before you start eating your meal (it will thicken). Hopefully you will find that the texture and slippery feel of the mix will help with swallowing and will not alter the taste of your meal. I personally use slightly warm water in the mix. You can also carry the powder in a small zip lock with you for dining out.

While this is a safe over the counter product you should talk with your doctor about this to be sure using the product in this way will not be a problem.

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.