My husband's tumor has also broken through and has bleeding and discharge also. The nurse had told us about sprays that can help but they are by prescription and they have to show you how to use them so that's something you might want to check out. My husband is now on Taxol and after the first infusion the tumor has turned into a crater. This, according to his doctor, could be good or bad. We don't know yet how bad it is under the surface as he will have scans in two weeks. He does believe however that it is good because his lungs sound good. He has mets to the lungs so if the tumor was in fact getting worse he would have heard a worsening in the lungs. Just when I thought all hope was lost we got a bit of a break. I really know how hard it is to keep the faith but sometimes that's all we have. Good luck with the trial and please keep us posted.

Sue

cg to husband, 48 Stage 1V head and neck SCC. First surgery 9/07. Radiation and several rounds of chemo followed. Mets to chest and lungs. "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." Went home to God on February 22, 2009.