Ok here goes this is my first time on this site and am not sure I am at the right place to put a post ...I have recently been diagnoised with mouth cancer and am trying to soak it all in...the nurse gave me this site to talk to people who may have either been in my situation or are going through my situation...I am going to have surgery in approximately 4-5 weeks..I know some of what the drs were talking about but not sure of what everything is...I have read a few posts and it gives me some faith cause even though the drs say it is a common proceedure I am not convinced that it will be all run of the mill...I admire all those I have read so far you folks have great strength and hope... I just need some help getting started will answer any questions I just don't know what to write I just know I need to get more info...

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY